Monday, September 22, 2008

Tonights RuN

Have you ever had a run or workout that just seemed to flow? I've been struggling with my running and have needed to do more walking than usual.

Mackenzie and I took Miley for a 20 minute walk. I figured it was a good way to warm up my legs plus Miley needed it. She's been a NAUGHTY puppy lately. We got home and I grabbed my running "gear" and off I went. I love to run in the evening when it's starting to get dark. The sky was clear and there was a slight nip in the air. I started running and felt pretty good. As I made it through each song on my ipod I would think, wow, I don't want to walk! The songs all flowed - I didn't skip any of them, even though it's time to change up my playlist! As I plodded along it got darker and I enjoyed looking at the stars. About 20 minutes into my run I saw a huge, bright Shooting Star!


It made me smile and gave me more inspiration to keep running. I ran 3.1 miles (I decided to make it a 5K) with NO walking. And I felt GOOD. I love getting back from a run, sitting in my backyard, sipping on a gatorade and looking at the sky. What a good way to start my week! Now it's time to take a shower and get in my jammies. :)

6 comments:

kristenhcubed said...

Good on you. I'm always telling my husband that it's too bad I don't like to run. He'd be married to a much better body if I did. I don't like to run and I also have a calorie intake problem. *SIGH* Lucky for me that I get to chase little kids around for a little exercise.

Melinda said...

You are awesome Michelle! I too wish I could be a runner...I don't think I have it in me!

Ashley May said...

Congrats on the 5k! :O) Remember when you ran one in Moses Lake YEARS ago and said you would never run again? I guess that changed! hehe

The Miles Family said...

I don't know about the running feeling good...but the shower and jammies sure sound good! :) I really do want to try running more.

Nanette Hirschi said...

Way to go big sis!! I just don't know how you do it. I have been walking a 5K 6 days a week. I would rather do that than run 1 5K:)

Michelle said...

Wow Nanette! That is so good! Maybe that's what I should be doing. How long does it take you? I bet you walk it faster than I run it. You speedster you!