Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Flowers

I thought I'd take a break from babies and talk about flowers! After all the rain we get here from late fall through spring, I really look forward to some of my flowers blooming. I'm not a gardener - Mark does all the yard work but I sure enjoy the benefits. I tend to lean towards pink and purple flowers, even though those aren't my favorite colors. Good thing Mark adds some variety. He always gets a color mix of annuals every year.

Anyway, here are a few of my favorite perennials that we have in our yard.

I remember the first time I saw a rhododendron after we moved here. I didn't know what it was but I thought it had the most beautiful flowers. We also have orange, white and light pink ones.

My pink Peony - I loved seeing one of these plants on my walks in our old neighborhood and had to get one!

This is a picture of one of our lilac trees (bush?) taken last year. We have a few more purples and a white one in our backyard. Who can resist the smell of lilacs?

Frankie we hate you.... haha (that was for Nanette)


3 comments:

Nanette Hirschi said...

Ok...that was funny. I always think of Frankie whenever I see lilacs. Maybe that is why you have so many? :D

Nanette Hirschi said...

Childhood memories...Was that in the Dallas? I bet mom and dad wouldn't even get it!! I'm glad we put good use to the primary songs we learned...the song leader would be so proud!!

Shelly's Space said...

Pretty pretty flowers! I bet your yard is just beautiful with all the colors:) My neighbor brought me over a start from her lilac tree a few years ago and I finally planted it in our backyard this year. I'm hoping to get some lilacs next year. They always remind me of my grandma:)