Monday, January 19, 2009

Thanks Dr. Pepper!

If you really know me, you know that I love Dr. Pepper. You might also know that I read the newspaper every day. A few months ago, an article similar to this caught my eye -


Everyone in America gets a free drink this Sunday (November 23)

Drinks company Dr. Pepper has confirmed that everyone in America will get a free soda, after the much-anticipated release of ‘Chinese Democracy’ was announced.
Guns N' Roses have been working on the album since 1994, and it’s finally been scheduled to be released this Sunday
In March, the drinks company announced it would give a free Dr. Pepper soft drink to everyone in the United States if the band released the album in 2008.
"We never thought this day would come," said Tony Jacobs, Dr Pepper's vice president of marketing, reports the Associated Press. "But now that it's here, all we can say is: The Dr Pepper's on us."

Well of course I went to the website and tried to register. I thought it was kind of cool to get a free drink because of a Guns N' Roses CD! I started the process but never got through- apparently the website crashed and there was another article about that in the paper a few days later!

Anyway, a few weeks ago I got this in the mail, so apparently I got through after all!
Tomorrow I'm getting my free bottle of DP! :)

4 comments:

Thompson Tales said...

Did you also have to buy the guns n roses cd????? I am happy that you got your free Dr Pepper....by the way, i was looking at Ashleys blog and about peed my pants watching that dance routine of Baylor, so funny!!!!

Ashley May said...

Yum I want one! Sign me up!

Ashley May said...

Your blog looks cute! Valentines day gets me everytime.. I love the pink & hearts :)

Nanette Hirschi said...

I love your new page and layout. Way to go leelou. I found another site that has really cute backgrounds and free. I was so glad to see you got your free Dr. Pepper! You worked hard for that!