Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Just say no!

Have you heard the stories about people, who live next to people, that have annoying wind chimes? Well, we live next to one of those. Every night I grumble a little when I go to bed. Last night was REALLY windy and those chimes were LOUD. I climbed in bed with a book and Jay Leno, trying to drown them out.(Mark was there too, but he was asleep in minutes!) I dozed off after awhile, but the minute the tv turned off (gotta love the sleep timer) my eyes popped open. Between the wind gusts that sounded like they would blow the house down and those wind chimes that were the loudest EVER, I was ready to blow. I wanted to climb out of my window and rip those suckers down. I finally went downstairs and slept on the couch for awhile. Needless to say, I’m very tired today.
If you live in a neighborhood close to other houses, please resist the urge to hang cute/original/rustic/whatever wind chimes. Don't do it!!!

Please may the winds die down tonight...

6 comments:

Ashley May said...

I heard that annoying screaching wind mill at my house today and thought of you. Maybe we need to get you a Windsheild Repair sign to hang facing their backyard. hahaha

kristenhcubed said...

Maybe tonight you should creep over there and take them down! I feel your pain. Sometimes when I'm shopping for souveniers I think, "Oh, those windchimes are so cute!" and then I think, "You idiot. You hate windchimes." I never buy any which I'm sure my neighbors appreciate.

Melinda said...

Lol! This post made me seriously laugh...my neighbor and I were just talking about another neighbor with wind chimes!!

Don't Blink said...

Michelle, we have the most beautiful wind chimes at our house. They are made out of 4 different kinds of metal and are 5 feet long. Loud, yes, but what a gorgeous sound they make. You guys will here them if you come spend some time at our house this summer.
Dad

Nanette Hirschi said...

So funny...whenever I hear wind chimes I think of Grandma Brown's house:) Good memories...I've never thought of them as annoying but am sure I would change my mind. I must have the best neighbors ever!!

Rene said...

Hmmm... I love wind chimes, I have a few of them. Our houses aren't very close together but I'll have to ask my neighbors if they can hear them. I never thought of it... but they don't keep me awake... you must be a light sleeper.