We moved to Vancouver in 1990 and shortly after that my sister and her family came to visit. We went to Multnomah Falls and hiked to the top. We thought it would be a fun place to go when they came for Thanksgiving this year. We talked about going all summer but never made it, so we were looking forward to it. Who cares if it's November and a little cooler -quite a bit cooler as we later found out! We were missing two of the kids from 1990 - Casey and Brittany - but had 3 "new" editions, Mackenzie, Landon and Brylee. :)
It was a little breezy in Vancouver but when we got out of the car at Multnomah Falls it was really WINDY and COLD.
Nanette suggested we take a few pictures in front of the falls and call it good. I thought that was a great idea! Once we got up to the trail it wasn't quite as bad so we decided to give it a try.
Getting started. BRRR...



Cousins
We have a picture of them here when they were much smaller!
New kids in the hole!


Family photo op! I wish Casey and Logan were in this picture.
Heading up the trail.Partway up the mountain a few of us decided to go back down. Of course we had to stop and take a few pictures!
Mackenzie and Brylee

Two sisters and a baby!
At the top! I zoomed in but you can barely see them on the left side of the falls. From left to right - Mark, Val, Kyle, Landon, Ashley, Brianne and Lexie. JUST KIDDING!It really is them but I don't know in what order. They called to tell us they were at the top so I took a picture. What would we do without cell phones?
Thank goodness for hot chocolate, a gift shop and visitors center to keep us warm while we waited for them.


Then we hit rush hour going home. 5 PM and the day before Thanksgiving. What were we thinking?
These three entertained themselves in the backseat with my camera.








4 comments:
I'm glad some of us still made it to the top despite the cold weather. That was so much fun!!!
I love your new look.....great pictures!! Were there any other people going to the top?? Were there any people at all????
Oh how fun! That picture of you guys heading up the trail looks awesome! Did you take that? The last pictures crack me up. Landon is a dork! Did you like the Twilight movie? I need to know your thoughts and feelings!
Brittany, yes I took the picture on the trail. I took a few of them and your Dad made sure he stayed behind me so he wouldn't be in them!
I loved Twilight - I want to see it again!
It was fun to see Multnomah Falls in one scene -especially since we had just been there that day!
Post a Comment