21 years ago we got an early Christmas present! Kyle was born in Spokane, WA. on December 20th, 1987. Mark was going to school in Cheney at the time. He ended up being our smallest at 6 lbs. 14 oz. He is our only brunette, brown eyed child. I was so thrilled to see his dark hair!
It snowed 8 inches in Spokane that day. Mark went back to Cheney, bundled up Casey and Ashley and brought them to the hospital to see us.

Getting ready to leave the hospital in his little reindeer outfit. I loved the antlers!

He got off to a rough start - going back to the hospital on Christmas Eve because he was jaundiced. It was really hard to leave my baby. We all went and visited him on Christmas Day.
Poor little Kyle!

Here is a picture of Casey, Ashley and Kyle with my Dad. He and Wanda came from Moses Lake to visit us. Kyle was home from his "jaundice" hospital visit.

Here is a picture of Casey, Ashley and Kyle with my Dad. He and Wanda came from Moses Lake to visit us. Kyle was home from his "jaundice" hospital visit.
Later that night Kyle quit breathing and we had to call 911. I went with him in an ambulance back to the hospital in Spokane. He ended up being there a week. He was diagnosed with reflux and had to sleep on a slanted foam pad for 6 months. He also had sleep apnea and had to be hooked to a monitor whenever he slept and took medication daily. Luckily he never had another episode and was free from the monitor after 6 months also.
Awww...
Casey and Ashley with their new little brother!
My mom drove from Salt Lake to see Kyle. These are the blankets she made him. He loved the red one and used it for years!
We had a family party today. Casey, Ashley and Logan braved the snow and traveled to Battle Ground!
Notice the piece of cake missing? Apparently while Mark and I were getting the pizza, Cleo(the cat) got on the table and sampled the cake. Someone -not sure who - caught her, and they cut out the piece. Hopefully the cake didn't have any cat germs!(I'm really annoyed that this picture posted sideways!}

You got snow for your birthday this year - lots of snow!

Happy 21st Birthday Kyle - we love you!








3 comments:
First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLE!!!!!!!
Wow, the christmas lights on your house on beautiful, especially with the snow. Almost looks like Chevy Chase was there!
The pictures were (are) special.
Dad and Wanda
Cute baby pictures! Happy B-Day Kyle! I'm glad we could make it out afterall!
WOW... I can't believe Kyle is 21 years old!! I loved seeing all the pictures and hearing the story of his birth. I never knew he had such a hard time of it. All turned out well...he is so cute:)
Post a Comment