Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Cannon Beach

Saturday was very hot here - it actually got up to 101! The forecast for the beach was around 80, so we decided to make a spur of the moment trip.
It was actually Mackenzie's idea!
We couldn't leave until later in the afternoon and we didn't get there until 4:30 pm. We spent 3 hours and had a fun time. It was beautiful, warm and not too windy. It's been awhile since we've been there and we decided we definitely need to go more often!





























Kyle and Mackenzie going in and coming out... it was cold!

Mark had a thing for wood and Kyle had a thing for the rocks....




















You can barely see Mackenzie -she's to the right of Mark and Kyle!



































Miley had a fun day!





















5 comments:

Shelly's Space said...

Beautiful pictures!! I looks like so much fun. We love to go to Cannon Beach and have clam chowder at MO's. What a great way to cool off on that sweltering day:)

Nanette Hirschi said...

I LOVE all the pictures. You can tell how much fun everyone was having...I was glad to see a pic of you. Usually the photographer never makes it in any of the pics. We need to make a summer trip and go to the beach again...so many memories when our kids were little! What's up with Mark and the wood?:)

The Miles Family said...

Michelle...I love that picture of you! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Wish we were there.

Natalie said...

I love Cannon Beach. Zach and I spent our honeymoon there and I tell him all the time that we are going to retire in a cottage on that beach.

Stacey said...

Funny that Natalie said that. My parents did own a cottage there and that's where Todd and I spent part of our honeymoon too. I think it's the only "true beach town" in the NW. Next time you go let me tell you about our hotspots for donuts and pizza that are out of this world!